Genekam DNA isolation kit (DNA isolation cost as little as 10 cents: perhaps the cheapest isolation kit of the world): It can be used to isolate the DNA from blood samples, bacterial colonies, plasmids, blood stained cloths, blood stained wood, seminal fluid, sperms as well as also buccal swab for human, animals and birds. It can be used with the tissue also. This can be used with mouse tail or ear tips also for mouse genotyping . There are many pathological samples, where wax may create problem. We think that pathological laboratories should try our this method (remove the wax with Xylene and put a small piece of tissue in our kit to get isolated DNA. Please note that this kit is made in our own laboratory.
Blood samples on filter paper or normal paper: One can put one or two drops of blood on normal paper or filter paper. After that one can dry this and inactivate this with ethanol. Now these samples can be sent in an envelope throughout the world. Genekam DNA isolation kit can be used to isolate the DNA from such blood samples. These samples can be stored at room temperature for months or perhaps for years. As you need only 15-30 seconds to isolate the DNA from one sample i.e. one can isolate 100 samples within one hours, therefore this can be the method of choice for many laboratories and one can save the expensive automatic instruments. This method is being used in our laboratory for last 13 years to do the PCR analysis. In case one wants to store the sample. One can divide the paper in two parts. One part can be processed and other part can be stored for long-time. Many laboratories around the world are using it now.
- Usually many kits on the market fail to do the isolation of DNA from blood (without removing the red blood cells). In our case you can isolate the DNA directly from blood. Similarly many kits fail with sperms. Various samples like blood samples, oral swabs, milk, meat / tissue can be used.
- This kit is made on the method, which is used for last 13 years in our laboratory to isolate the DNA from blood samples of birds, dogs and humans.
- We found that our kit is 100 times more sensitive than kit of most of expensive and most used manufacturer in the world (this is done with house keeping gene for human as well as birds). This is the result of our internal studies.
- It is simple to use. Only 3 steps needed. You will finish in 20 minutes. You can isolate 100 samples within 60 75 minutes. This is much faster than using an automatic isolation machine, which will cost you too and bring the extra costs of chemicals. The kit is very economical.
- You do not need any expensive instruments except heating block.
- There is no waste or toxic waste like Phenol and Chloroform method.
- No need of Ethanol as well as Proteinase K.
- Save your money for plastic ware needed to use the most expensive kits on the market.
- All components can be kept at room temperature.
- Shelf life is minimum 2 years.
- In case you want to isolate the DNA from 50-100 probes, you will finish within 1 hour, where hence there is no need to buy expensive isolation machines for such number of probes.
- This can be used to make the genetic tests from blood or tissue.
- This kit functions well on the blood spots taken on filter paper or normal paper. Hence the laboratory can request their clients to send 3-4 drops on filter paper in simple envelope for detection of mutations like genetic disorders as well as for other purposes. In this way, one can send 20-100 probes in simple envelop throughout the world. Precaution: the blood probes on filter paper can inactivated with ethanol (94% or 99%) so that there should be no risk for environment i.e. inactivation of infectious agents. From these inactivated filter papers, one can make PCR diagnosis as this is no problem. In this way the probes can be sent from any part of the world. Therefore our method makes the transportation of samples safe for everybody as well as environment.
- Genekam DNA isolation kit is environment friendly too as there will be no waste and no need of extra plastic ware.
- As there is no loss of DNA during the isolation process, therefore it may be possible that you have highly concentrated DNA, hence use 1 or 2 ul in your PCR reactions. In some cases, you may need 0.5 ul. The concentration of isolated DNA depends on your sample.
- The isolated DNA can be used for real time as well as conventional PCR.
- Genekam DNA isolation kit has been used to detect the viruses, bacteria as well as genetic disorders in the samples.
- Isolated blood DNA with our kit can be stored for more than 24 months (for long time) at -20 degree. In case, one needs to store the DNA for long period, one should store the original sample. Still there are a lot of applications, which can be done with our kit. If you have very small amount of probe and you want to isolate the DNA from this probe: Our kit is good for such probes, where you have sufficient volume of isolated DNA. We recommend to do the exercise with our kit before using valuable small samples in order to get the feeling how sensitive the kit is . The volume of the chemicals can be adjusted according to the size of the sample, that means , you may get many more isolations than you bought.
One should try to use our DNA isolation kit with other probes like buccal swabs, tissue, bacterial colonies as this should also function. Many bacteriological laboratories are using dirty DNA method like boiling of samples in order to save the costs. Kindly try our kit as cost per isolation is 10 cent per isolation and DNA is sufficient pure to be used in PCR.
Those, who want to have experience with our kit, kindly try smallest kit for your use. Our kit can make PCR technology affordable for many laboratories and this may help to reconfirm the results made with culture methods in common bacteriology along with helping blood banks to monitor many disorders.